Crossing The finish Line

Crossing The finish Line
Crossing the finish line of the Canadian Death Race shortly after 7 AM. 125 kilometres in 23 hours 21 minutes.

Tuesday 28 November 2017

Thirty Day Run Streak Fundraiser

December 1st I will be starting my first ever, 30 day running streak.  Every day in December, I will run at LEAST 1 km....yes, even Christmas Day and New Years Eve.  While it may seem like a crazy idea to some people; most of my ideas are well thought out before the are "made public".

The main purpose of the streak is to get me motivated and back into training mode for 2018 training season, but it will also be a fundraising event.  So I need YOUR HELP!!!

My wife works at an elementary school here in Grande Prairie, Alberta and has mentioned the number of small kids that come to school without hats or mittens.  Some even come without a warm coat or snow pants; even though they are expected to play outside during recess.

My goal is to raise $2,000 so we can purchase winter gear for as many kids as possible.  In order to make this possible, I am setting up an event on Race Roster, "Kilometers for Kids".  You will be able to pledge money to my 30 day run streak or you can join me and start your own challenge and collect pledges on your own.

You dont have to run a streak, but do something to challenge yourself....  Run your first 10 km run, do a 30 day WALK streak...whatever you like to challenge yourself!!  When you register your challenge with "Kilometers for Kids", you will then be able to collect pledges to support your challenge.

All the money raised will stay right here in Grande Prairie and with YOUR help, we will reach our goal, and more schools will benefit from this event.

I am hoping to have the event live by Dec 1.  All pledges and challeges need to be completed by December 31 so we can finish this project before winter is too far gone.

Keep watching my blog and Facebook for updates, or once it is live, you will be able to search "Kilometers for Kids" and find it on Race Roster!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment