Crossing The finish Line

Crossing The finish Line
Crossing the finish line of the Canadian Death Race shortly after 7 AM. 125 kilometres in 23 hours 21 minutes.

Tuesday 20 June 2017

Fact...or Fiction...???

 Today was scheduled to be an "easy" 45 minute run.  The plan was to meet at the correction line parking lot at 7:30 and head out on the flat trails in the Dunes.

When I parked the truck, there was one other vehicle in sight, but no people. I was a bit early, so I just sat and waited for the rest of the group to show up.

Soon Michelle drove into the parking lot so I got out of the truck to wait for Krista.... next thing I know....BOOM!!!  Krista emerges from the shadows of the underbrush!!!  CLEARLY, she had arrived earlier than the planned meeting time and had already conquered 10 or 20 kilometers at her cool, sub 4:45 "easy" pace.

Really, this is the sign of a good coach.  Just think if we had started the run with her...!!!  I dont know about Michelle, but if Im running sub "4:45".....you better stay caught up with me, because something is chasing me!!!  But I sure cant keep up that pace for 45 min.

After the satellites all alligned with my watch, we headed into the woods...Krista leading the way.  Honestly, she volunteered and said she would "break trail"....aka "clear the cobwebs from the trail for the rest of us", eluding to a previous blog post.

It was then I had to confess to her that maybe I didnt really run through as many spider webs as I had lead everyone to believe.  But there sure was that potential and I did run through one....

Really, it is like most details we runners talk about as we reminisce about our runs...the hills werent really straight up and my average pace may not really be as fast as everyone believes.

But in the end.... if it wasnt for these "detail of lore" what would we have to talk about during a 4.5 hr marathon, and how boring would this blog be...??

Fact or fiction....you be the judge. But please, enjoy the journey....






No comments:

Post a Comment