Crossing The finish Line

Crossing The finish Line
Crossing the finish line of the Canadian Death Race shortly after 7 AM. 125 kilometres in 23 hours 21 minutes.

Wednesday 20 September 2017

Goin' to Golden....

I always thought the marathon started at the start line!!!  Turns out, it started quite a while ago, but now the food is all prepped, clothes are packed, the trailer is loaded, and as long as no one sleeps in, we will be on the road at 7AM.



I have planned and rehearsed day two.  I feel like I comprehend it all. Ill have a drop bag at station 3 and station 4.  

Im packing all my own food rather than using what is at the aid stations so that takes extra planning too.

Ive broke down each leg of the race and made me a cheat card that I can take with me.  It has all the data of each leg plus what my target paces need to be for each leg in order to do an 11 hr finish for day day 2. 

There is supposed to be live tracking on Saturday if you want to follow me.  Go to www.goldenultra.com and look under the results tab.  There will be a link there.


It seems all the rain we have gotten has turned into snow, so that might add some excitement to our trip tomorrow.

When I tucked in the girls and said goodnight and goodbye, Nicole said there was a note under my pillow for me.



Even though they will be at home on Saturday, they will still be in the front of my mind.  They will keep me going for sure.

Tomorrow is definitly the start of another adventure. One that wont soon be forgotten....

No comments:

Post a Comment