Crossing The finish Line

Crossing The finish Line
Crossing the finish line of the Canadian Death Race shortly after 7 AM. 125 kilometres in 23 hours 21 minutes.

Thursday 14 September 2017

One Week Until Golden Ultra!!

Its all coming down to the final few days.  One week from today, the holiday trailer will be set up in Golden and I probably wont be quite as calm as I am now.

For the last week I have been distracted with organizing my first race, the Amazing Grande Prairie Sidewalk Race.  Saturday, that will be in the books and I will be focused 100% on getting ready for Golden.
Today was our last group training run and we only have 3 short runs left.  This is as ready as Ill be; there is nothing more I can do now!!

My body feels good and I just want to go and DO IT!!!  My shin splints that were giving me problems a month or two ago are gone 100 percent.  I dont have any blisters or tender spots on my feet....I just feel READY TO RUN!!!

Ive got my nutrition planned out for race day: water every 10 min; 2 dates every 20 min; 3/4 cup of boiled potatoes every 2 hrs, then the last 1/4 cup 30 min later; fig newtons and salty rice chips at aid stations or as needed.

Oh, and salt tabs every 1 1/2 hrs or as needed.

Who thought running was a simple sport??  And all that planning is just race day!!!  For the next week, the focus is on drinking LOTS (of water) and loading on the carbs.

Ive started lists for everything I need to take with me, and for the two drop bags Ill be using on day two.  The length of the list is almost unbelievable.

But now, I must rest; so I can focus, focus, focus....

GOLDEN ULTRA MARATHON, here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment