Crossing The finish Line

Crossing The finish Line
Crossing the finish line of the Canadian Death Race shortly after 7 AM. 125 kilometres in 23 hours 21 minutes.

Friday 15 September 2017

The Terrible Taper...

With less than one week to Golden Ultra, the taper is starting to show its self.

The last few weeks have been between 90 and 105 km of running each week and this week is less than 50.  Since January 1, I have run over 1,450 kilometers rougly 200 hours.  Slowing down takes its toll in many ways!!

Its the little things....I have trimmed my toe nails HUNDREDS of times and never even thought about it.

Tonight, my hands were shaking as I tried to do the "perfect pedicure".  Not too long; not too short; they cant be too pointy; but I sure dont want the sharp corners digging into the neighboring toe!!!  I even questioned if I should be trimming them at ALL!!!!

Maybe I should wait another two days....

All because of stories that others in my run group have told me, and the mental images that Krista and Shari have burned in my mind!!!  Next time I trim my toe nails, I might have to trim only 9 or even 8 toe nails!!!!

I sure hope I dont lose sleep over this!!  I am supposed to focus on resting this week...and eating!!!

Dont get me wrong; I like to eat, but every once in a while a guy needs a break from eating!!!  This four meals a day/night is starting to get tiring, not to mention a guy can only eat so much noodles and rice!!!

Soon enough, it will be over.  The taper will turn into race day, and race day will turn into rest and relaxation....and planning for the next "big race".

Will it be 50 miles, or 100 kilometers...maybe more??  Whatever, and where ever it is, it will definitly be an adventure and Im already looking forward to training hard again and sharing the experiences with my friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment