Crossing The finish Line

Crossing The finish Line
Crossing the finish line of the Canadian Death Race shortly after 7 AM. 125 kilometres in 23 hours 21 minutes.

Saturday 20 May 2017

My Running Inspiration!!!

Last spring, when I was training for the Vancouver half marathon, I met Cody quite a few times on the Muskoseepi trails.  Running up the hills with him while he wheeled his wheelchair right along side of me, proved to me that anything is possible if you put your mind to it!!!

Today, I met him again for the first time this year.  As we went along the trail today, we compaired our racing sucesses.  I must congratulate Cody on finishing the Kamloops Marathon last summer!!!  Next Sunday, when I run my first full marathon, I can only hope that I have the tenacity and drive that he has!!

My run today was 16 km at "race pace".  The target pace was 6:20 and I finished todays run at 6:14!!!  Whoohoo!!! It was a very warm and windy run with temperatures in the high teens....tough running, but thanks to Cody, my step was a bit faster!!!

One week, and 21 kms of training left until the big day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment