Crossing The finish Line

Crossing The finish Line
Crossing the finish line of the Canadian Death Race shortly after 7 AM. 125 kilometres in 23 hours 21 minutes.

Thursday 4 May 2017

Sock Testing Run


Summer is definitly here!!!  Bugs were getting stuck to my sweaty forehead....that is a sure sign!!!




Tonight was scheduled as a 10 km steady run with an average pace of 6:45.  I started a bit faster pace, just under 6:00.  The run just felt good!!!  I ran what felt right to my body and finished with a 6:29 pace. I wish wish I could have gone farther.

I tried something different tonight and didnt wear my usual compressions socks.  It was just to see how my calves and feet would respond.

I first noticed that my heel had a lot more movement in my shoe (which is not a good thing!!!).  I also noticed this the other day when I wore my Wright Socks.  My calves feel fine but and Im guessing they will still be good tomorrow.

These short runs are fun to try out different things....but lesson learned today - WEAR compressions socks with these shoes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment